Welcome

Welcome
Love those girls!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter News


Snow, snow, snow, winter is here with a Bang! We are settling nicely into the farm and I am lovin' it very much. The holidays came and went and were nicely spent. We are still trying to sell the house in Waldron and have decided to close it down for the winter. Too much heat bills to handle with two houses.

The animals are doing well and it looks like the first lambs will be making an appearance next month. Too soon for me I like spring lambs but the ewes had a different idea this year.

Had a scare last night with a llama choking, one of my best females and pregnant to boot decided to spit an another as she was eating and inhaled a bunch of grain. After the process of rubbing her neck (did not help), her foaming at the mouth, looked like the exorcist all over again. I ran into the house and got the calf tubing kit and proceeded to shove the tube down her throat about three foot- four times before dislodging her blockage. Must say scared the heck out of us both. She is not a llama that likes to be handled and when she just stood there and let me do this while looking at me with those big eyes, that about killed me.

The llama is good this morning and hopefully we will have no more incidents like that.

I will be shearing in February as long as we don't have any bad cold snaps so will have shetland and romney fiber, yummy!

Will be making some more rugs such as the one pictured above............................

Take care all

No comments: