Welcome

Welcome
Love those girls!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ryan Musings


Hi All,


I am sitting here looking out at this snow covered world and thinking about the future and all of the plans I have for this spring and summer.

I have started shearing my Romneys and they appreciated it very much. It is the middle of winter and they have 4-6 inches on them that is so thick when I put my hand in the wool (to warm my hands) they are hot ! So I am hand shearing thus leaving on about an inch of fiber.

As I am shearing, (such a professional way to do it: Sheep tied to gate, Robin sitting on a bucket with a garbage bag to put wool in. Got the picture) Bruce Almighty (my first Angora Goat) has to visit. When I smack him away from rubbing his horns all over my back, he goes for the cell phone. After he is told many times that the cell is off limits, he grabs a mouth full of MY hair and pulls me off of the bucket. " Get the point" he says. He is one of the more spoiled ones around here.

This summer I am hoping to hold a fiber event in my lot by the road that was left out from pasture for just this purpose. My plans are to have some vendors, some educational demos and then some area for petting some of the animals, we will see. First I have to see about the big one and that is liability insurance.

My plans are today to dye some Mohair..............hhmmmm what colors can I come up with next !!


Take care all..........................

No comments: